Crockpot Coconut Curry.
You can have Crockpot Coconut Curry using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Coconut Curry
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Minced garlic (paste).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 1-3 tbsps of Red curry paste (depends on heat preference).
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsps of Turmeric.
- You need 2-3 tbsps of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worchestor.
- You need of Sweet basil.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Green onion.
- It’s 1/3 of yellow onion.
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable broth (or water and add vegan bel bouillon).
- It’s of Cashews (optional).
- Prepare of Egg (optional).
- You need of Lime.
Crockpot Coconut Curry step by step
- While you chop your onions and skin your sweet potatoes, add some olive oil to your crockpot and turn it on high. Add minced ginger, garlic, and red curry to the pot as well as you yellow onion. Add you spices next and stir (salt, pepper, brown sugar, tumeric, cayenne, paprika, optional curry powder).
- Once your seasonings are stirred into the onion add the worcheshire and soy sauce (or you can use fish sauce) and mix. Add small chopped sweet potatoes and some chopped basil and cover for 90 minutes..
- After the first 90 minutes. Add your coconut milk, vegetable broth and some cilantro and green onion (save the rest for garnish). Cook for another 90 minutes, sweet potatoes should be easy to cut..
- After the second round of 90 minutes you can add any of the following: canned chickpeas, raw shrimp, cooked chicken, etc. cook jasmine rice with sesame oil or any other vegetables or sides you want to have with the dish. Garnish with cashews, cilantro, green onion. You can even add an egg! Add sliced lime to the plate for squeezing and serve..