Sweet potato cakes. I pureed the sweet potato rather than mashing it, and I only had to bake my cake for about an hour. I am a pastry chef & am very fussy about my cakes, and I will be using this one again. I paired the Sweet Potato Cake with homemade marshmallow fluff as frosting to keep it similar to the traditional Thanksgiving dish.
This sweet potato cake is so moist, soft and rich. The recipe is easy to follow and even if you are not an experienced baker You'll easily make that cake. Mashed sweet potato cakes tend to be a lot more delicate than normal mashed potato cakes. You can cook Sweet potato cakes using 5 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato cakes
- It’s 5 cup of grated sweet potatoes.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
When flipping them, do so gently or they may break apart on you. Also, I always make these with. Come and try our delicious recipe for sweet potato cakes. Veggies needn't miss our on the comforting burger with this sweet and spicy recipe.
Sweet potato cakes step by step
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Cook with coconut oil on griddle or pan over medium heat. Take small handfuls of mixture drop on skillet gently press into cakes. Cook roughly 3-5 min. per side or until golden brown. Makes about 12 cakes.
Sweet potatoes are a bit too starchy for my husband and me. But sweet potatoes do have some benefits, and my kids really like these patties – they are one of their favorite side dishes. Second – These sweet potato corn cakes are fried. You'll just have to accept that. I tried to bake some and Cumin, cilantro, and cayenne pepper add big flavor to these savory Sweet Potato Corn Cakes.