Vegan No Fish & Chips.
You can cook Vegan No Fish & Chips using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan No Fish & Chips
- Prepare of Vegan Fish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of panko.
- It’s 1 tsp of vegan worchestire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 can of heart of palms.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Batter.
- Prepare Squeeze of lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 can of dark beer.
- You need 1/2 can of Aquafaba from chickpea can.
- It’s of French Fries.
- It’s 3 of White potatoes x.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil (canola or sunflower).
Vegan No Fish & Chips step by step
- Chop heart of palms in small pieces.
- Combine ingredients for vegan fish in a food processor and pulse until mixed. Should still have small chunks.
- Shape mixture into two pieces and place on a parchment sheet in the fridge for 1 hour.
- For batter, combine flour, baking soda, curry, lemon, and beer and whisk vigorously..
- Whisk aquafaba vigorously until peaks appear..
- Combine aquafaba to batter and whisk vigorously.
- In a saucepan, pour 1/4 inch of oil and heat.
- Remove fish from fridge, cover in flour + remove excess flour. Dredge fish in batter mixture before placing in oil..
- With a spoon, cover the top side of the fish with the oil until browned.
- Once crispy, place fish in oven the cook inside.
- Peel potatoes and allow to dry. Square off potatoes and chop into fries. Dry potatoes with paper towel..
- Fry potatoes until crispy.
- Remove potatoes and place on paper towel and salt to taste..
- Plate & enjoy!.