L.N.S SABUDANA KHICHARI INDIAN BREAKFAST (VEGAN).. Sabudana Khichdi – a pilaf/pulao made with sago/tapioca pearls! This vegan and gluten-free dish is extremely popular in India during the fasting season of Navratri. However if you ask me, you don't really need an occasion to make and devour it.
It is typically prepared in parts of Western India such as Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat. Sabudana Khichdi Recipe with step by step photos and video – Sabudana Khichdi is usually made during fasting days like navratri or mahashivratri or ekadashi. Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking. You can have L.N.S SABUDANA KHICHARI INDIAN BREAKFAST (VEGAN). using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of L.N.S SABUDANA KHICHARI INDIAN BREAKFAST (VEGAN).
- It’s of Main ingredients.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Soya oil..
- Prepare 3 of Green chilly (Finely chopped) ..
- You need 1 1/3 of Ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumine seeds.
- You need 1/3 cup of Roasted Peanut Powder..
- You need 1/2 bunch of Coriander Leaves (chopped) ..
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar (vegan) ..
- You need 2/3 cup of Potatoes (boiled ,peeled ,cubed.)..
- Prepare 1 cup of Sabudana / Sago Seeds ( soaked soaked for 2hrs in water ) ..
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes (finely chopped) ..
- Prepare 25 grams of Soya balls ..
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
Few more sabudana recipes which you can make for fasting are Sabudana Khichdi is a traditional breakfast dish of Maharashtra which is made using sago or tapioca pearls. This tiny stall in Nagpur serves authentic. Sabudana khichdi recipe – Learn to make non-sticky & fluffy sabudana khichdi at home with these simple steps. Sabudana khichdi is an Indian dish made with tapioca pearls, peanuts, potatoes and herbs.
L.N.S SABUDANA KHICHARI INDIAN BREAKFAST (VEGAN). instructions
- In a khadhi put soya oil . Add cumine seeds. When cumine seeds done. Keep gas stove at medium high..
- Add Green chilly , Ginger ,Tomatoes Soya balls and Cucumber chopped. ..
- Now add Boiled, cubed, potato. stier it for another 30 sec . Then roasted peanut powder..
- Some salt as per taste . And black pepper..
- Then put sugar. Now stiear it well on low medium fire..
- Cover it with a lid for 8-9 minutes..
- sprinkle coriander leaves over it..
- Note: If you want to have it with lemon juice then put that right before eating it. ..
- Open the lid and mix it. Then transfer it o the two waiting plates ..
- After that you know what yo do with the dishes ……ha … ha .. ha ….
- Please note that you can add Sago Seeds after step no 2 or step no 3. Actually I forgot to write down this step. I feel sorry about the step. for any other questions you are welcomed..
It is one of the most common foods eaten during religious fastings. Sabudana Khichadi is the most commonly made food by Maharashtrians during fasting. Many Maharashtrians fast on many Hindu festivals. Fasting has a separate set of menu which is yummy than regular menu. Fasting (Vrat) khichadi is soft to digest and a wholesome meal.