Vegan Shepherd's Pie. There is something very wintry, very comforting about Shepherd's Pie. Hearty vegetables in a brothy sauce topped with fluffy mashed potatoes, all baked to bubbly perfectly. Jamie's vegan shepherd's pie recipe is a warm and comforting treat; topped with a root mash and breadcrumbs this vegan shepherds pie is a real crowd pleaser.
This shepherd's pie does take some time, but divide up make ahead, then layer and store until ready on bake on the day. Shepherd's Pie season is upon us and this super cozy vegetarian version is running around on the loose in our house. That being said, if you want this to be a completely vegan shepherd's pie, just use olive oil instead of butter and maybe a splash of. You can have Vegan Shepherd's Pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Shepherd's Pie
- You need of mashed potato layer.
- You need 4 medium of russet potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare of bottom layer.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 3 cup of mixed vegetables.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of hot chunky salsa.
- You need 1 packages of yves ground round.
This naturally vegan lentil shepherd's pie is made by baking stewed lentils and vegetables with a garlic chive mashed potato topping. The Best Vegan Shepherd's Pie features protein rich lentils with a medley of vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with classic mashed potatoes and baked to perfection for a rustic, comfort food everyone will love! Savory, comforting, hearty, easy to make and delicious. This healthy delicious recipe for Vegan Shepherds Pie involves no shepherds or sheep!
Vegan Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Bring potatoes to a boil until tender – 25 min – and drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray 2 qt baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet, stir in onion, mixed vegetables and salsa..
- Crumble the veggie ground beef into skillet with vegetables – medium heat – about 10 min.
- Spread vegetarian meat into bottom of baking dish cover with mashed potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven – about 20 min.
The rich and flavorful vegan stew is made with savory mushrooms and root vegetables. It's rich and deep enough for a full-bodied glass of red wine, and, depending on how you. The ultimate Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie featuring rich, flavourful, saucy lentils topped with fluffy, creamy mashed potatoes & baked until deliciously golden brown & crispy. Can we all agree that Shepherd's Pie is the ultimate. A rich, vegan lentil stew topped with homemade mashed potatoes.