Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese. Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce is made with soaked, raw cashews, blended with water, nutritional yeast and spices; and warmed on the stove until it reaches nacho cheese perfection! Optional but good: Add Sriracha to taste or keep it mild for kids with sensitive. How to make Creamy Vegan Queso Dip.
Melt vegan butter or oil in a medium-size pot over medium heat. I had been meaning to make some Nachos with a sauce version of my Nut-Free Agar-free Nacho Cheese Slices and what better day than today. Our family loves this vegan cheese sauce. You can cook Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese
- It’s 2 of Yukon gold potatoes, diced.
- You need 2 of whole carrots, chopped.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, halved and sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of canola oil, enough to saute plus some.
- It’s of unsweetened almond milk, enough to float veggies in blender.
- You need 1/4 c. of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare of juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need of generous dash of cayenne.
We're not usually that excited with fake cheeses, but this one has been the exception. Tastes great over nacho chips, baked potatoes, in vegetarian tacos, etc. This recipe has helped us enjoy more vegan meals in our home. The heartiest, most delicious vegan nachos I've ever had.
Flavorful Vegan Nacho Cheese step by step
- Put water on to boil. Cut potatoes and carrots. On a separate board, cut onions and garlic..
- Heat canola oil in pan on low heat. Add potatoes and carrots to boiling water, and onions and garlic to pan..
- Boil/saute for apprx. 10-15 minutes (variations in stoves will determine proper cooking time). Carrots should be soft and onions should brown on edges..
- Add almond milk into blender, covering blade. Add boiled veggies to blender. Fill blender with almond milk until almost covering veggies..
- Add onions and garlic to blender (include oil if desired). Fill blender with oil to cover onions..
- Add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and cayenne to blender. Gradually increase blend speed to highest speed, removing cap if necessary (whipped heat will create pressure, this should not be attempted in a bullet blender). Blend apprx 1-2 minutes depending on blender capabilities. Product should be smooth with only trace specks of cayenne visible..
Salty, crunchy tortilla chips, fresh guacamole, black beans, and salsa I'm a week into being plant based and hubby is moving towards vegetarian. After craving nachos for a long time but not liking the bloated feeling of cheese and sour. A thick, creamy, tangy, gooey vegan nacho sauce made with supermarket staples. Perfect for dipping or topping nachos, baked potatoes, veggie burgers, or macaroni and cheese. Note: For the best, smoothest results, use a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix or Blendtec) and press mixture.