Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup.
You can have Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Prepare 4 of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need 2 of carrots or about 14 baby carrots, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 cups of regular (unflavored, unsweetened) non dairy milk.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli florets.
Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup step by step
- In 2 separate pots, bring water to boil..
- Cube carrots and potatoes..
- In one pot, add the carrots and potatoes. In the other pot, place a mesh strainer in that hangs over pot edges and above water, and place broccoli in strainer to steam..
- Cover both pots and cook for 10-15 minutes until potatoes and carrots are soft..
- Remove potatoes and carrots from heat and place in blender. Add a 2:1 ratio of dairy free milk to vegetable stock (ex. 1/2 cup milk + 1/4 cup stock) until liquid almost covers veggies. The exact ratio will depend on how big or small your potatoes are..
- Add nutritional yeast, lemon, salt, pepper, and remaining spices to blender..
- Blend on high speed for a minute until soup runs smooth..
- Pour soup into large serving bowl or straight into chowing vessels and add steamed broccoli. Makes 2 just soup servings, or 4 side servings..