Sig's Soup Splash.
You can cook Sig's Soup Splash using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Soup Splash
- You need of small or one large celeriac.
- It’s of medium butternut squash.
- It’s of white onion.
- Prepare of medium potatoes.
- It’s of leafs of bay.
- You need of smoked garlic, crushed.
- You need of pimento seeds.
- Prepare of vegetable stock cubes.
- It’s of cubed pancetta or a couple tablespoons butter.
- You need of Pepper, sumac,turmeric, thyme to taste and.
- It’s of Soft brown sugar to taste for butternut squash soup.
- It’s of Salt, thyme, pepper to taste for celeriac soup.
- Prepare of lt water.
- You need of double cream.
Sig's Soup Splash instructions
- Chop the onions, separate into two halves. Either melt the butter or cook the pancetta with the onions in two pans, heat through. Chop both the celeriac and butternut squash but keep them separate. Chop potatoes. Make one pan with butternut and one with celeriac with these same basic ingredients..
- Add thyme, bay leaf, stock cubes, garlic to both pans in equal amounts.add 500 ml of water to each pan. Simmer the two pans until vegetables are soft in each one of them. Cool down. Break down with a potato masher..
- Soup mashed down.
- Blend in a blender into a fine soup, the celeriac soup is slightly thicker then the butternut squash soup. Add about 25 ml cream to each soup stir in well..
- First ladle the thinner soup into a soup bowl then carefully add the thicker soup on one of the sides. Now take a toothpick or knitting needle and create a pattern by pulling them through the soup. These particular soups go well together when combined. You can add more cream as on the left or fresh beet juice to add extra colour..
- I have other soup combinations under my recipes, take a look if you like..