Pork with celery root and leeks. Celery root replaces potatoes in our detox version of vichyssoise (but any root vegetable will do). Along with that monster celery root, leeks are available in France very easily and used frequently, and I'm trying to get into the habit of using them, too. Celery Root Soup is very easy to prepare—and cheap.
In cold climates, you'll find it during the summer and early fall. Freshly harvested celery root is sometimes sold with the stalks and leaves still attached, which. Shred celery root and apples with a box grater or food processor with shredding disk. You can cook Pork with celery root and leeks using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork with celery root and leeks
- You need of pork belly slices.
- It’s of celery root (roots and leaf celery together).
- You need of large leeks.
- Prepare of onion.
- Prepare of fennel or dill (depending on what you prefer).
- Prepare of and slightly more white dry wine.
- Prepare of grains of allspice.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of lemons + 1 lemon for the roots.
- It’s of full tbsp corn starch.
Here's a simple yet elegant soup for fall and winter. Everyone enjoys the smooth texture and earthy veggies. The celery root and apple both contribute tartness (there's even a mysterious lemony element, although no lemon is used), while the potato smoothes out any rough edges. It was the perfect side-kick for my cider-brined, spice-crusted pork loin with apple mostarda, and ChezSuzanne's glazed.
Pork with celery root and leeks instructions
- Clean the leeks and cut them into round slices (the white part and a little of the tender green part), finely chop the onion and coarsely chop the fennel or dill..
- Clean the leaf celery and the roots which you place into a bowl of water with the lemon juice and cut them into thick slices..
- Wash the pork belly slices..
- Boil the roots and the leaf celery for about 10 minutes then strain..
- Place the wine, the leeks and the onion in a large pot until they absorb all the wine and then add the fennel with the allspice and mix..
- Push the leeks to the middle of the pot and add the pork belly slices so that they cover the bottom of the pot and they are covered with the leeks, let them sauté well so that they let out their fat (the recipe doesn't have any oil)..
- Add the celery plus boiled water until the food is covered, then season with salt..
- When it starts to boil turn down the heat to half and let the food simmer..
- When it is ready and the stock fills a little more than a cup, mix that stock with the lemon juice and the corn starch in a bowl, pour it over the food and let it boil vigorously for a couple of minutes to thicken..
What does celery root taste like?: Celery on steroids. It has a deep celery, nutty flavor, with a creamy, somewhat potato-y texture. How to cook with celery root: Because celery root is surrounded by a thick, gnarled peel, it needs to scrubbed and peeled using a sharp knife. Goes great with roast pork loin! Celery root, also called celeriac, is an edible root vegetable in the celery family.