sig's Creme of Celeriac Soup.
You can cook sig's Creme of Celeriac Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of sig's Creme of Celeriac Soup
- You need of celeriac,peeled and cubed.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of plain flour.
- You need of milk.
- You need of lemon juice.
- You need of salt.
- You need of good pinch of white pepper.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of fresh cream.
- You need of crushed walnut kernel.
- Prepare of toasted rye bread (optional).
- It’s of jar mixed wild mushrooms,(optional).
sig's Creme of Celeriac Soup step by step
- wash .peel and chop celeriac into cubes. Simmer celeriac in all of the water with lid closed..
- Add butter to soup pot.melt ,add the flour and cook until slightly bubbly,do not let brown or burn.Slowly stir in milk,simmer for 5 minutes stirring all the time.Add the boiling water from the celeriac.Puree the celeriac pieces in a blender add to the soup..
- Season soup with lemon juice,salt,pepper and sugar.Chop the walnuts and whisk the cream..
- Serve the soup in warmed soup bowls.Add a good spoonful of whipped cream and sprinkle with nuts.decorate with celeriac leaf if available.
- you can garnish with toasted bread of choice topped with the mushrooms ,.
- or you can mix two soups and serve as one,.