Celeriac & Parma Ham Soup. Celeriac is a biennial (but can grow perennially) and has similar growth habit and appearance as that of leaf celery. Celeriac, Apium graveolens var. rapaceum is Vitamin K and Phosphorus rich vegetable support for Supports healthy digestion, Help to heal wounds. Celeriac, or celery root, is a relatively unknown root vegetable packed with nutrients.
Its distinctive flavor—think celery and parsley—is too good to ignore! Celeriac is actually a type of celery—but it won't grow into the light green stalks you're used to chomping down on. Rather, it's a bulbous veggie about the size of a grapefruit and has a mild, slightly. You can cook Celeriac & Parma Ham Soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Celeriac & Parma Ham Soup
- It’s 700 g of chopped celeriac.
- Prepare 70 g of Parma Ham, shredded.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 900 mls of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Celeriac, at Your Service Botanical name: Apium graveolens var. rapaceum. The popularity of celery in various cuisines is undeniable, considering that numerous recipes utilize it in different ways. Celeriac is a little intimidating when you first look at it, as it's quite knobby and rough in appearance. Learning how to peel celeriac takes a little practice and a good paring knife, but once you've got the.
Celeriac & Parma Ham Soup step by step
- Gently fry the onions in the olive oil for 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent..
- Add the Parma ham and allow it to cook gently with the onions for a further 2-3 minutes..
- Add the celeriac and stock to the pan, bring the stock to a boil and then simmer gently for 30 minutes, or until the celeriac is very soft and tender..
- Allow the soup to cool slightly before blending. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving..
Celeriac is one of the most under-rated vegetables Try our celeriac soup by James Martin or shred it into Tom Kerridge's hardcore coleslaw, while Mary's celeriac remoulade perks up roasts and stews. Browse All Celeriac Recipes. celery root. celery knob. turnip-rooted celery. knob celery. Germany celery. soup celery. turnip celery. céleri-rave. Celeriac (Apium graveolens Rapaceum Group) (also known as 'turnip-rooted celery' or 'knob celery'), is a specially selected Cultivar Group of celery. Celeriac is an unusual and nutritious vegetable with a wide variety of uses.