Sig's Celeriac, Onion and Cheese Pie.
You can have Sig's Celeriac, Onion and Cheese Pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Celeriac, Onion and Cheese Pie
- It’s of medium size celeriac.
- You need of medium onions.
- It’s of butter or margarine.
- It’s of blue cheese of choice.
- Prepare of Emmentaler.
- You need of chilled readymade puffpastry.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Baking paper.
- Prepare of milk or egg for brushing.
Sig's Celeriac, Onion and Cheese Pie step by step
- Preheat your oven to 180. Peel the celeriac. Cut in half, then slice very thinly, set aside..
- Slice the onions thinly, use 11/2 tablespoonful of the butter to soften them in a pan on your stove..
- Remove your pastry from the box and roll it open cut a circle about 30 cm and a circle about 25 cm. Butter your baking tin then cut a circle to fit the bottom and sides (the 30 cm circle should be enough for that), prick the bottom with a fork.(In this photo I only covered the bottom with pastry as I am not a huge fan of it.) Add a layer of the raw celeriac. Season each following layer slightly with salt and pepper..
- Add a layer of softened onions, then add a layer of your cheeses. Then add another layer of celeriac, then onions, then cheeses, keep layering until all is gone. Cover the pie with the smaller circle of pastry and crimp the edges together. Make a a pattern into the pastry slice gently with a knife, without cutting through. Brush with milk or the egg for a glaze..
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes and golden brown. Eat hot or cold..
- If you dont like blue cheese use a medium gouda or cheddar.