Roasted Root Soup.
You can cook Roasted Root Soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Root Soup
- It’s of parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare of rutabaga, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare of celery root (celeriac), peeled and roughly chopped.
- It’s of salt to taste.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- It’s of apples, peeled and roughly chopped.
- It’s of to 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock.
- Prepare of croutons for garnish (if desired).
Roasted Root Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Toss chopped celery root, rutabaga, parsnip and apple in a large bowl with olive oil, thyme, and a pinch of salt..
- Spread onto 2 oiled or lined rimmed baking sheets..
- Roast until soft and golden brown (especially rutabaga), about 45 minutes, switching position of sheets halfway through cooking..
- Combine roasted veggies and 11/2 cups stock in a blender or food processor, in batches if necessary (or use an immersion blender)..
- Blend until smooth..
- If too thick, add more stock until desired consistency is reached..
- Garnish with croutons if desired..