Irish Vegetable Soup.
You can have Irish Vegetable Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Irish Vegetable Soup
- It’s of medium Yukon potatoes, peeled, cubed.
- You need of large carrots, peeled, chunked.
- Prepare of cauliflower, roughly chopped.
- You need of bulb of fennel, chopped.
- Prepare of bulb celery root (celeriac), chopped.
- You need of celery, chopped.
- Prepare of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of fresh thyme.
- You need of fresh rosemary, chipped.
- You need of turmeric.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need of fresh heavy cream (optional).
Irish Vegetable Soup instructions
- Melt butter and Sauté onions in the bottom of a large stock pan until translucent, add garlic and stir frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, herbs, salt and pepper to the pot and roughly stir (leave bay leaf on top to easily remove after cooking).
- Add the broth to the pot, just covering the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes (or until vegetables are fork soft).
- Remove the bay leaf, then use an immersion blender to blend all the vegetables together to a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Add cream (and more butter if desired) and blend.