Celeriac and potato soup. I've always loved the combination of celeriac, potatoes and apples, which I first tasted in France as a celeriac, potato and apple purée. Add the potatoes, apples, water or stock, salt to taste, and the bouquet garni. HOW: Make a simple potato-celeriac soup, and blend.
Velvety and smooth this soup has a beautiful slightly nutty celery flavor. But the other day I was at the supermarket and saw an abundance of celeriac and finally decided it was time to overlook it's appearance and give it a try. This potato celeriac soup recipe is a cozy meal for just the right season. You can have Celeriac and potato soup using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Celeriac and potato soup
- It’s of celeriac.
- You need of potatoes large.
- Prepare of leeks chopped.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of sour cream.
- Prepare of garlic.
- You need of onion.
Garlic and thyme bring out the best in these two main ingredients while also adding both a Celeriac is as strange-looking as vegetables come, but don't let that fool you. It's perfect in a soup, and it shines as a partner to potato. Ladle soup into wide bowls, arrange the roasted celeriac in the centre and scatter over extra thyme leaves. If you've never cooked with celeriac (or celery root) I encourage you to give it a try.
Celeriac and potato soup instructions
- Peel and clean celeriac. cut into small cubes and place into water with some lemon juice.
- clean and peel potatoes. cut into small cubes.
- clean, peel and chop onion, leeks and garlic.
- in a pot, add butter, onions, leeks and garlic and fry lightly until soft.
- add potatoes and celeriac.
- poor in chicken stock and then enough water to just cover.
- bring to the boil then simmer for 30 min out until potatoes and celeriac are soft.
- blend with a stick blender or kitchen blender adding sour cream.
- season to taste and serve.
Place the celeriac cubes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato Potato soup makes me dramatic, evidently. If you're in the midst of a cold spell yourself (or even if you're not) I think you're going to enjoy this. Put the potatoes, garlic and spring onions in a large pan. Reserve a few celeriac leaves to garnish, roughly chop the remainder and add to the pan.