celery root shepards pie. Winter is all about hearty comfort foods, and our cottage pie's root veg mash gives this old classic a delicious update. Place the assembled pies back on the baking sheet and. Family Food Garden may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook at a lively simmer until potatoes can be easily pierced with a sharp knife and celery root starts to break up. You can cook celery root shepards pie using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of celery root shepards pie
- Prepare of russet potatoes peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- It’s of celery root peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of plain low fat yogurt.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of onion thinly sliced.
- You need of garlic minced.
- It’s of mixed mushrooms cleaned and sliced.
- It’s of finely chopped fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare of ground beef or lamb.
- Prepare of carrots peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare of sprig rosemary.
- You need of nutmeg.
- It’s of tomato paste.
- It’s of gruyere or parmesan cheese.
Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling While Shepherd's Pie is traditionally made with lamb, beef is just as tasty in this recipe. This is a timeless classic – make this once and you'll make it. Add salt to taste and garnish with the celery root leaves, if using.
celery root shepards pie instructions
- preheat oven to 375. begin mashed vegetables; place cut potatoes and celery root in large pot; add cold water till covered. bring to boil, salt generously. cover and simmer until potatoes are easily pierced with fork (10-12 minutes). drain well; return to pot off the heat to dry..
- begin the stew; heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden and soft (about 8 minutes). remove and spread along bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. heat 1 tbsp oil in the same skillet; add the beef or lamb, carrot, rosemary, and nutmeg; cook u til beef is tender(about 8 minutes). stir in tomatoe paste. layer over mushroom-onion mixture..
- Finish the mashed veggies pass potatoes and celery root through a food mill into a bowl adding butter as you go stir in yogurt and milk for a puree season with salt and pepper.
- Swirl mashed potatoes and celery root over stew with back of a spoon; sprinkle on cheese bake until cooked through and cheese is golden brown 15 minutes serve warm.
For celery root newbies, celery root (aka celeriac) is a variety of celery grown specifically for its bulbous root. And yes, it does taste like celery, but with a more mild flavor. When blended with coconut milk though, wowzers, celery root. Celery root and celeriac recipes from Martha Stewart, including salads, slaws, soups, purees, side dishes, and much more. In Season: Celery root, also called celeriac, is harvested in the late fall.