Pork Menudo. Pork Menudo is a Filipino pork stew dish with carrots and potato. In almost every Philippine town fiestas or gatherings, Pork Menudo can be seen in the dining table. Pork Menudo with pork cubes, liver, vegetables, and raisins in a rich tomato gravy.
Don't forget to serve with lots of steamed rice! Pork menudo is another dish that can be found in any Filipino gathering. In addition, it can commonly be eaten as part of an everyday meal. You can cook Pork Menudo using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork Menudo
- Prepare of pork cut into cubes.
- It’s of chicken or pork liver cut into cubes (or 1 small can of liver spread).
- Prepare of hotdogs sliced diagonally (or 1 can of sliced vienna sausages) optional.
- Prepare of tomato sauce.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Prepare of potatoes cut into cubes.
- It’s of carrots cut into cubes.
- It’s of garlic, chopped.
- You need of small can green peas.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- It’s of raisins.
- You need of cooking oil.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- You need of sugar to taste.
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
The Pork Menudo Recipe is a delectable dish. It is composed of pork stew combined with liver The good thing with Pork Menudo is you can skip some of the ingredients, if you. This Filipino Pork Menudo Recipe is simple and delicious. Pork Menudo, just like home, is always close to your heart.
Pork Menudo instructions
- Saute garlic and onions until garlic turns golden brown and onin is transluscent. Set aside..
- Cook pork cubes in oil for 15-20 minutes or until brown and tender. Add and cook chicken liver for 15 minutes or until it starts to break down a little in the edges or changes color. If using liver spread, add it after next step..
- Add and cook hotdogs or sausage. Add potatoes and water. Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Add carrots and green peas..
- Add sauted garlic & onion. Pour tomato sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, and water. Add raisins, bay leaf, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reduces..
- Serve with rice and enjoy!.
Marinating the meats in Knorr Liquid Seasoning will add more flavor to your dish. To cook pork menudo; Cook pork in water until tender. Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes in lard. Filipino pork menudo is not the same as Mexican menudo although it is probable that the local pork stew is an adaptation of the Mexican beef tripe soup. The Pork Menudo Recipe originated during the Spanish Colonization but this dish is a true Filipino dish of sauteed pork meat, potatoes, and carrots, raisins, and beef or pork liver.