Arroz con Salchichas / Rice with Vienna Sausages. Today I made for you rice and vienna sausages or arroz con salchichas. This is a very quick and easy meal to make! Stir the rice with a large spoon, bringing the rice at the bottom to the top.
A very common latin rice dish.😃enjoy. And there you have it arroz con salchichas which translates to rice with Vienna sausage. Serve this with some habichuelitas (beans) and some. You can cook Arroz con Salchichas / Rice with Vienna Sausages using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz con Salchichas / Rice with Vienna Sausages
- You need of EVOO.
- It’s of Sofrito.
- You need of Red Onion (chopped).
- Prepare of Sazon.
- It’s of Chicken Bouillon.
- It’s of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s of Vienna Sausage.
- You need of Spanish Olives.
- It’s of White un-cooked Rice.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper to taste.
To make this arroz con salchichas (rice with vienna sausage) you need a wide heavy bottom pot or a caldero. Traditionally, you'll find calderos which are aluminum based pots in the Latin community households and Latin stores. You could also use a large dutch oven. Rice with Vienna Sausages — sounds strange, but it's as Cuban a dish as you will ever find!
Arroz con Salchichas / Rice with Vienna Sausages instructions
- In a large pot add EVOO, sofrito and onions. Cook until onions are translucent..
- Add sazon, chicken bouillon, tomato sauce, sausages, olives and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a couple minutes..
- Add rice, water and cilantro. Stir and let cook UNCOVERED on medium heat until most of the liquid has dried out..
- When most of the liquid is dried out, stir TWICE only, from the bottom up. Do NOT stir vigorously!.
- Lower heat to almost simmer, cover pot and cook for 20 minutes. (DO NOT UNCOVER OR STIR RICE WITHIN THE 20 MIN. COOKING TIME)..
- After 20 minutes, uncover and gently stir from the bottom up. The rice should be perfectly "fluffly". If still undercooked, cover for another 10 minutes..
Arroz Con Salchichas, aka Rice with Vienna Sausages, has, for years been known as comfort food in both Cuban and Puerto Rican households, made distinctly with long grain rice, tomatoes, homemade sofrito, green olives, capers, and Latino spices. I first had the pleasure of having Arroz Con. This is one of those other really Cuban home-style dishes you are very unlikely to find outside Cuban homes. It's another one of those "comfort" foods to me, it's not something we will make if we have special guests or anything like that but it's one of those very humble dishes we will make when we. next to the sofrito add the sliced vienna sausages, the drained can of corn and slowely and gently stir everything until all is incorporated. Lower the heat to a simmer cover while you prepare the rice.