Sabudana bullets. Roll each one in to ball and shape it like a bullet. Make sure they are large and thick. Sabudana Khichdi is a dish commonly made in India during the fasting season of Navratri.
Sabudana is often used in Indian cooking to make various dishes like porridge, kheer. Sabudana cutlets also referred to as Sabudana/Tapioca tikki, or sabudana A few of my favorites include – sabudana khichdi/tapioca salad, sabudana namkeen, Sabudana ladoos, dosa and uttapam. Usually, sabudana is used to heal stomach problems and food for weak children but the fact is that Sabudana is a highly nutritional food and large number of people are unknown to its precious benefits. You can cook Sabudana bullets using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sabudana bullets
- Prepare of boiled and grated potatoes.
- You need of sabudana, soaked for atleast 6 hours.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper powder.
- Prepare of green chillies, chopped.
- It’s of chopped coriander.
- You need of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of For deep frying oil.
Sabudana is derived from the extracts of the plant roots and has many health benefits. Provides energy – One of the main reasons why you should eat sabudana is because they are rich in energy. Sabudana khichadi is an Indian dish made from soaked sabudana (tapioca pearls). It is typically prepared in parts of Western India such as Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat.
Sabudana bullets instructions
- Mix together all the above ingredients and make a dough..
- Take a small portion of the dough. Roll it in a cylindrical shape on your palm..
- Flatten from both sides to give the shape of a bullet..
- Repeat and make bullets of the rest of the dough..
- Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying..
- Deep fry in a medium hot oil until the bullets turn brown and crispy..
- Serve hot with coconut chutney. (You can check my restaurant style coconut chutney recipe).
Sabudana (Sago) based dishes are very popular in Maharashtra for breakfast and during fasting times. It is used to prepare Kichidi Sabudana upma is. A different Sabudana Khichdi recipe – Tapioca pearls/Sago cooked with potatoes, grated carrots Sabudana is also known as Tapioca or Sago. It is also popular all over India as one of the staple food. Sabudana are foods derived from cassava root extract.