Cheesy Tandoori Bullet Potatoes. For the Potatoes – Firstly wash all the baby potatoes well, scrubbing off any dirt or eyes. Cheesy, gooey and stuffed with tasty tandoori rajma, these delicious and easy appetisers. For the Potatoes – Firstly wash all the baby potatoes well, scrubbing off any dirt or eyes.
For the Potatoes – Firstly wash all the baby potatoes well, scrubbing off any dirt or eyes. To this all the ingredients for the marinade. Tandoori Aloo, also known as Tandoori Potatoes is my favorite spring-summer recipe for weekend brunches or even parties/potluck. You can have Cheesy Tandoori Bullet Potatoes using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Tandoori Bullet Potatoes
- It’s of Ingredients for the Marinade.
- Prepare of Hung curd.
- It’s of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare of Turmeric.
- Prepare of Garam masala.
- You need of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare of Cumin seeds (roasted & crushed) -.
- It’s of Chaat masala.
- You need of Crushed coriander seeds (roasted & crushed) -.
- It’s of Kasuri methi.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- Prepare of Baby potatoes.
- You need of Onions large (finely chopped).
- You need of Capsicum (finely chopped).
- It’s of Small Shimla chillies (chopped) (optional).
- It’s of Rajma/kidney beans (soaked overnight and boiled).
- You need of Green chillies.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Butter -.
- You need of Oil.
- It’s of Cheese small cubes.
- It’s of Coriander for garnish.
Ingredients for Tandoori Aloo (Tandoori Potatoes): Potatoes (aloo) – I use russett but you can use any white/yellow potatoes. Aloo tikka recipe – Tandoori potatoes made with spiced yogurt and other ingredients. One of the popular restaurant style veg starters made with baby potatoes. Aloo tikka recipe – Grilled baby potatoes in Indian style.
Cheesy Tandoori Bullet Potatoes instructions
- For the Potatoes Firstly wash all the baby potatoes well, scrubbing off any dirt or eyes. Pressure cook them in salted water for only 2 whistles, If the potatoes are very small then do only 1 whistle. Remove them from the hot water and allow them to cool..
- Then cut them in half and scoop out the centre portion, leaving a little cup of space for the filling. Save the scooped potato filling. You can remove the skin if desired, but we leave it on to add texture and flavour..
- Tandoori Filling Start with some hung yogurt. To this all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix it all well together. Add the boiled rajma, capsicum and the scooped potatoes..
- You can keep these aside for an hour to marinate or use it right away. Take a heavy pan and add some oil. Next add chopped green chillies and onions. When the onions are cooked add the marinating rajma mixture and sauté until everything is cooked and smells great..
- Top it with chopped coriander and allow it to cook slightly. You can even make this mixture ahead of time and stuff and bake the potatoes right before serving..
- Potato Assembly and Baking Line up the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush them with some melted butter, you can use ghee or oil if you prefer. Now stuff each potato properly and top it with cheese..
- Now bake it for 8 to 10 minutes at 180’ C or until the cheese melts and starts to bubble. You can serve these topped with chutney or on their own!.
- Alternative to Baking If you don’t have an oven or would rather not bake these then you can use a pan to do the final cooking. Take a large frying pan on medium-low heat, grease it with a little bit of oil and pop in your potatoes. Cover the pan and let them cook for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese melts..
Aloo tikka is commonly found on North Indian restaurants menu as a starter. The best potatoes for casseroles are low starch varieties such as red potatoes or thin-skinned white potatoes. They have a waxy texture and won't fall apart while cooking. Avoid starchy baking potatoes like Idahos or russets. tandoori aloo recipe with step by step photos – tandoori aloo or aloo tikka are spiced & marinated potatoes which are either grilled or Tandoori aloo or aloo tikka is one of our favorite starter dish which we order often in restaurants. Cheesy potatoes recipe, funeral potatoes, cheesy potato casserole.