Early Summer Loquat Jello.
You can have Early Summer Loquat Jello using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Early Summer Loquat Jello
- Prepare of Loquat.
- You need of Lemon juice (store-bought lemon juice, etc.).
- It’s of Water.
- You need of -40 grams Sugar.
- It’s of this is moderately sweet, so adjust it (to taste)..
- It’s of Agar.
Early Summer Loquat Jello step by step
- Peel the skins off of the loquats, cut in half, and remove the white stringy innards. Coat the fruit in a bowl of lemon juice. This is to prevent from changing color..
- Scum will come out from the loquats, so immediately coat in lemon juice after peeling the skins. They might stain your fingers brown, so use gloves for those of you who are concerned..
- Mix sugar and agar together well. It will clump up if you do not mix it well in this step (this is a characteristic of agar)..
- Add 500 ml of water to a pot, bring it to a boil and stir in the mixture from Step 3 until dissolved..
- Add just the fruit from Step 1, and boil for 1~2 minutes. Skim scum that surfaces. The fruit will become moderately soft and will become a pretty color when boiled..
- Place just the fruit in a cup after it has cooled. Add the jello mixture afterwards. There will be small bits of loquat, so strain the jello mixture before adding it..
- Let it sit in the fridge for several hours until it solidifies..
- Agar is a jelly powder made from seaweed. It has no scent or smell, so you can use it in various ways, and it is convenient. It has a jiggly texture, which differs from gelatin..