Loquat Compote in 20 Minutes.
You can have Loquat Compote in 20 Minutes using 4 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loquat Compote in 20 Minutes
- It’s of Loquats (with the peel and seeds).
- It’s of White wine.
- Prepare of Granulated sugar.
- It’s of Lemon juice, to taste.
Loquat Compote in 20 Minutes instructions
- Wash the loquats. This is about 600 g..
- Put 1 cup (200 ml) of white wine in a pot..
- Cut the loquats in half..
- Scoop out the seeds and bitter inside parts with a spoon..
- Take off the end bit with the spoon at the same time. The photo shows the removed end bit and seeds..
- Turn the loquat over and peel off the outer skin..
- Take off the stem end too, and it's done. I used yurizumi'sas reference for prepping the loquats. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145226-how-to-peel-a-loquat.
- Dip the loquats in water with lemon juice in it (to rinse off them off), and put into the pot with the white wine..
- All the loquats are in the pot now. If they are not covered, add some more white wine or water..
- Add 1/2 cup (100 ml) of granulated sugar..
- Simmer over medium heat for a bit less than 10 minutes, while removing the scum..
- When your ladle becomes filled with scum..
- It's better to add a bit more really..
- If you blow on it, the surface scum will scatter. Repeat 2 to 3 times. This is after blowing on it once. You won't waste the syrup..
- Turn the heat down to low, and cover the surface of the pot contents with a piece of paper towel or absorbent paper with a hole cut in the middle..
- Cover with a lid that is left partially open, and simmer for another 10 minutes over low heat. You can stop cooking it before this step if you prefer..
- Store them in jars that have been sterlized in hot water that is at least 80°C..
- I put them in a jar. My famiy eats it with yogurt every morning..