Meaty Onionie Sauce, On Hotdogs.
You can have Meaty Onionie Sauce, On Hotdogs using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meaty Onionie Sauce, On Hotdogs
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of molasses.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dry mustard powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch.
- Prepare 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Hotdogs.
- It’s 6 slices of hotdog buns.
- You need 1-1/2 pounds of all beef 1/4 pound hotdogs.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely shredded fontina cheese.
- It’s of Condiments.
- Prepare To taste of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- You need To taste of yellow prepared mustard.
Meaty Onionie Sauce, On Hotdogs step by step
- Brown the beef. When browned drain and add tomato paste, salt, and pepper to taste. It's very important to drain very well..
- Mix the water, vinegar, mustard powder, molasses, sugar, cinnamon, and starch..
- Heat the oil and add the onions and salt the onions just a bit. Sauté till the onions are translucent and starting to brown..
- Add the garlic to the onions sauté for 1 minute..
- Add the ground sirloin mixture, and stir in mixing well..
- Give the water mixture a good stir and add to the ground sirloin mixture. Cook till thickened. Simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Cook the hotdogs as you like. Split down the middle of hotdogs but not totally in half. Add to the bun..
- Add sauce into the split of the hotdog. Shred the cheese..
- Add cheese to the top..
- Add ketchup and mustard. Serve I hope you enjoy!.