Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs. Core cabbage head and carefully separate leaves (there will be some left that cannot be separated – this is sliced thinly and added to pot with cabbage rolls. Add sauerkraut and brown sugar and decide on degree of sweet/sour – adjusting one or the other ingredients. Hot dogs are sliced and cooked in a sweet and sour sauce.
This Sweet and Sour Cabbage recipe with bacon is loaded with flavor and will wake up every taste bud in your mouth. I love any kind of sautéed cabbage, but this Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Bacon may be my favorite. When I make it, I find myself picking the. You can cook Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 of large head of green cabbage chopped.
- You need 1 pound of hotdogs, I used beef use your favorite.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 46 ounce of sterilized jar with lid.
Meanwhile, quarter your cabbage, remove the core, and shred the cabbage with a large chef's knife. Add tomatoes, cabbage, undrained mushrooms, and broth to the pot and stir well. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, chili flakes and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, then turn heat.
Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs instructions
- Heat oil in a large pan when hot add chopped cabbage. Let it warm through..
- Add sugar and salt. Pour the vinegar atop the cabbage. Simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Slice the hotdogs and add to the cabbage. You don't add any water to this recipe the cabbage makes its own juices. Stir the hotdogs in the cabbage and its juices, simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally..
- In a sterilized jar add the cabbage and hotdogs. I use old pickle jars a lot. Let sit in the refrigerator after it cools to the touch. Let sit overnight or up to 6 months. If sealed you can probably go about a year or however long you keep your can goods for. If it didn't seal use within a week refrigerated..
Sweet-And-Sour Green Cabbage with BaconMartha Stewart. Sweet and Sour Cabbage is an easy side dish is the perfect blend of sweet and sour. It's comforting and goes great chicken The sweetness comes from the addition of brown sugar, while the sourness is from the vinegar. Together, they are the perfect marriage. Napa cabbage (also called Chinese cabbage) is great sliced and sautéed with onions and garlic.