BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker.
You can have BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker
- Prepare of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of tomato sauce.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- You need of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of honey.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- It’s of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of liquid smoke.
- You need of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- It’s of hot sauce (I used Louisiana hot sauce).
- You need of cornstarch.
- It’s of water.
BBQ Shredded Chicken – Slow Cooker step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients (except for the cornstarch and water) to make your BBQ sauce. Taste and adjust it to your liking..
- Lightly grease your slow cooker. Spread about 1/4 of the BBQ sauce over the bottom..
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours OR cook on low for 6-7 hours..
- Once chicken is ready, it should be falling apart. Remove from the slow cooker and set on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and stir it into the liquid in the slow cooker..
- Using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken, then return the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for another 30 or so minutes..
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..