Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage. I absolutely love hot dogs, served with sticky balsamic onions and a crunchy, fresh slaw on the side. The Best Cabbage Hot Dogs Recipes on Yummly German Bratwurst Hot Dog With Red Cabbage Sauerkraut, Carolina Style Hot Dogs, The Ultimate Hot Dog.
These dogs are mildly spicy and sweet. Serve this dish either for lunch or for a quick informal supper since the meat, the Place weiner pieces on a bun and top with the cooked cabbage and onions. Add a little mustard to the hot dog if you wish, and serve. You can have Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage
- Prepare of ————-hotdogs———–.
- It’s 12 of hotdogs, I used beef.
- You need 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 2 cups of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- It’s of ————cabbage———–.
- You need 3 of medium Granny Smith apples.
- It’s 3 cups of red cabbage finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of large carrot shredded.
- It’s 1/3 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
In hot butter, saute the onion until golden. We used fresh polish sausage instead. I cooked it most of the way along with the onions and then added it all to the cabbage to. Pickled red onions are a bright condiment that is easy to make and go great with just about anything!
Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage step by step
- Cut the hotdogs into thirds..
- Remove the core from apples and shred the apples. Mix with lemon juice..
- Shred the carrot, mix with raisins, add the apples, mayonnaise, salt, and cabbage, mix together, and set aside..
- Heat a pan. Finely chop the onions and add to the dry pan, stirring quite often..
- When the onions have cooked for 5 minutes, add the vinegar and honey..
- Add olive oil mixing together all the ingredients in pan. add hotdogs..
- Mix well. When hotdogs are heated and coated well add cheese and cover. Remove from heat keep covered for ten minutes..
- Serve with the cabbage mixture, I hope you enjoy!.
We love to eat them in salads, with tacos, on sandwiches and hot dogs Place red onions and other spices in the jar. Add hot mixture to the jar, cover and leave. Line hot dog buns with a steamed or. sprinkle with chopped onions and shredded Monterey Jack or . take along on Picnics! Place chopped bell peppers, onions, and cabbage in large. and add enough hot water to cover. Let mixture. tightly closed jar in.