Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk. I used Chicken thighs instead of breast, Egg Replacer to substitute the egg and I would recommend to marinate overnight. Shish Tawook is a popular Middle Eastern grilled chicken recipe. Chunks of tender & juicy chicken marinated in yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and spices and served with a garlic aioli (Toum).
We love this served on Syrian bread, but it would also be. Juicy chicken thighs are seasoned with a shish taouk blend including allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon and roasted in the oven on a bed of potatoes. Once cooked, its dressed with a touch of delicate parsley and garlic oil. You can have Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk
- You need of chicken breasts, cut in medium cubes.
- It’s of – For the marinade:.
- It’s of ketchup.
- You need of mayonnaise.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of garlic, crushed.
- You need of dried thyme.
- You need of 7 spices.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of paprika.
- It’s of salt.
On the side, pita is grilled and crumbled into a salad of fresh romaine lettuce, crisp. Lemon and garlic bring a burst of flavor to these grilled chicken skewers. Shish Tawook (or Shish Taouk) is a traditional Middle Eastern marinated chicken dish. Chicken shawarma most often adds warmer spices (cinnamon, allspice, etc) and omits the lemon brightness, for a deeper flavored meat.
Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk step by step
- To prepare the marinade, mix the ketchup and mayonnaise in a deep bowl. Add the lemon juice and stir well so the mixture does not clot..
- Add in the crushed garlic, thyme, 7 spices, black pepper, paprika, and salt. Mix well. Gradually add the vegetable oil while stirring..
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, mix well and let them marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hr..
- Preheat the oven on medium heat, transfer the chicken cubes with their marinade to an oven tray and put it in the oven for 30 to 45 min or until the chicken is well done and the sauce thickens..
- Serve with garlic cream and fried potatoes..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'garlic cream' in this application..
Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Spicy Garlic Harissa Marinade. How to make Chicken Shish Taouk with Garlic Yogurt. Marinate cubed chicken in yogurt, cumin, paprika, tomato paste, salt, and pepper for at least. Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe + Homemade Spice Rub. I have to say my top two favorites are: Grilled Chicken and Pan Seared Chicken.