Yakitori (chicken on skewer). Yakitori (焼き鳥) literally means grilled chicken and also refers to skewered food in general. Watch How to Make Yakitori 焼き鳥の作り方. Sweet and irresistible chicken and scallion skewers (negima), you can enjoy this simple recipe on a grill or with an oven.
Great for entertaining a big crowd as it is a kind of finger food. Chicken yakitori is an easy Japanese grilled recipe served on skewers. The meat is basted with a savory-sweet sauce as it cooks over a hot barbecue grill. You can cook Yakitori (chicken on skewer) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yakitori (chicken on skewer)
- Prepare of boneless chicken thigh.
- You need of each soy sauce, sugar, mirin and sake.
- Prepare of Japanese negi (green onion) or leek.
This Japanese-style chicken is a family favorite because layers of sweet and savory flavors are generously added to each skewer as it cooks. Thread chicken on skewers, alternatively with the scallions. Yakitori (Japanese: 焼き鳥) is a Japanese type of skewered chicken. Its preparation involves skewering the meat with kushi (串), a type of skewer typically made of steel, bamboo, or similar materials.
Yakitori (chicken on skewer) instructions
- Cut chicken into a bite size. Marinate in soy sauce, sugar, mirin and sake (mixed well) for over 1 hour. (preferably over night).
- Cut negi in a bite size..
- Cook marinated chicken and raw negi in a medium pan. Start with medium heat and lower heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked. (Negi is ready when chicken is cooked.).
- Skewer cooked chicken and negi alternately..
- If you like tare (sauce) to eat with, you can save marinated juice and heat in a small pan until thickened. Spread over skewered chicken and negi or sauce can be served as a dip..
- For someone who likes it hot, Shichimi (Japanese seven-flavor chili pepper) is commonly used. Sprinkle over when you eat..
Afterwards, they are grilled over a charcoal fire. Yoyo makes you travel to the land of the rising sun to make you taste the "Yakitoris", these are grilled skewers, cooked on a grill. Yakitori Chicken: Japanese grilled glazed chicken and scallion skewers. One of the world's best grilling recipes! Yakitori is one of the oldest and most popular traditional Japanese dishes.