Apples and Oranges Barbecued Chicken.
You can cook Apples and Oranges Barbecued Chicken using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apples and Oranges Barbecued Chicken
- It’s of Barbecue Sauce Mixture————-.
- You need of yellow prepared mustard I used French's.
- It’s of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- You need of liquid smoke.
- It’s of loosely packed light brown sugar.
- You need of large orange just the pulp see directions below.
- It’s of white sugar.
- It’s of Deglaze——————.
- You need of apple juice.
- Prepare of Chicken and Spices—————-.
- It’s of chicken thighs skin on and bone in.
- It’s of kosher salt to cover chicken both sides.
- Prepare of ground black pepper to cover both sides.
- It’s of ground paprika to cover both sides.
- You need of granulated garlic powder to cover both sides.
- You need of nonstick spray.
Apples and Oranges Barbecued Chicken step by step
- Spray nonstick in the pan. Place the chicken in and season the skin side up. Let this cook 12-15 minutes..
- Mix the mustard, ketchup, and light brown sugar..
- Turn the chicken and add spices to the second side. This will be the first time you turn the chicken after it has cooked 12-15 minutes on the first side. Let this side cook 10-12 minutes undisturbed..
- Peel your orange.
- Add the liquid smoke and white sugar..
- Take the inner "skin" off and just keep the pulp..
- Set the chicken on a plate to deglaze the pan..
- Add the orange pulp. Stir breaking up the pulp. Cook the sauce mixture stirring often..
- Remove the chicken and deglaze the pan with the apple juice.
- Get it simmering add to sauce mixture..
- Add the chicken back and coat each part of it. Let it rest for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.