Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style). These Vietnamese Sticky Chicken Skewers balance all the flavors—sweet, salty, sour, and savory! Great as a party appetizer or fun weeknight meal. › Vietnamese-Style Sticky Chicken Skewers. In this easy weeknight-dinner recipe, we marinate chicken thighs in a mixture of Vietnamese fish sauce, sugar, herbs, and spices, then bake them for a dish that's infused with flavor and perfectly browned.
Ingredients of Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style)
- Prepare of chicken breast.
- It’s of For Marinade:.
- You need of lemon grass.
- You need of spring onion (white part).
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of paprika powder.
- You need of fish sauce.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of corn starch.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of For spread:.
- Prepare of honey.
- You need of hoisin sauce.
The salad is built off packaged coleslaw mix, enhanced with fresh mint and cilantro, crunchy peanuts, and a sweet-and-salty dressing of fish sauce. How to Make Vietnamese Chicken Skewers with dipping sauce. Place the chicken on water soaked wooden skewers and grill basting with the reduced marinade until done. Serve skewers hot on top of the Vietnamese salad with extra dipping sauce on the side.
Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style) instructions
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, and place it in a bowl..
- Using a food processor, process all the marinade seasoning until smooth, and then pour it to the chicken. Let it marinade for 30 minutes..
- Mix 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp hoisin sauce.
- Stick the meat cubes with the bamboo skewers, probably about 4-5 cubes per skewers..
- Brush a non stick skillet with a little bit of oil, and then heat it..
- If the skillet is already hot enough, place the chicken skewers in to the pan, after 3-4 minutes brush the chicken skewers with the mixture of honey and hoisin sauce on each side until they are cooked through and has nice golden brown on them.
- Chicken skewers is ready to be served.
- Check the video how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: Chttps://youtu.be/eMfXoIMcPn4.
Pound chicken thighs flat, marinate in a mixture of lemongrass, soy sauce, and fish sauce, and grill to get delicious, Vietnamese-style chicken. This Vietnamese meal will leave your tastebuds absolutely satisfied. Honey Garlic Chicken Skewers – Tender pieces of marinated chicken cooked on a BBQ or griddle for a sweet and smoky flavour. These Honey Garlic Chicken Skewers are a winner on the BBQ! Can't wait to get the BBQ out!