Yakitori (Japanese-Style Satay).
You can have Yakitori (Japanese-Style Satay) using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yakitori (Japanese-Style Satay)
- You need of chicken tenders (you can also use boneless chicken breast or boneless thigh fillets).
- It’s of oil (more if needed. Usually I use 1 tsp first and add more if necessary).
- It’s of leeks.
- Prepare of For the sauce: 60 ml shoyu (I prefer less salted version). 60 ml mirin (or grape/apple juice), 1.5 tbsp sugar.
Yakitori (Japanese-Style Satay) instructions
- Cube chicken tenders. Slice leeks to 1-1.5cm width. Skewer them and set aside. (I put them in the fridge for a bit).
- Heat shoyu, mirin, sugar in a pan in low setting. Stir until sugar dissolves. Let simmer for about 5 minutes..
- You can cool it and keep it in the fridge for about a week. Or use it right away..
- Pour oil into a pan. Pour shoyu mixture to the satays, just enough to coat them. Use medium heat. Rotate the satays and pour more shoyu mixture, about 1 tsp per batch of four or five..
- Cover the pan and lower the heat. When the sauce is bubbly, rotate the satays. When the sauce is caramelized, yakitori is ready!.