Pork Prawn Meat Roll.
You can have Pork Prawn Meat Roll using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork Prawn Meat Roll
- It’s of minced pork belly.
- Prepare of prawn.
- Prepare of water chestnut / jicama.
- Prepare of dried beancurd skin.
- Prepare of carrot.
- It’s of purple onion.
- You need of shallot.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of small amount chives/ scallion.
- It’s of egg.
- It’s of corn starch – seasoning.
- It’s of sesame oil – seasoning.
- Prepare of salt – seasoning.
- You need of white pepper – seasoning.
- Prepare of oyster sauce – seasoning.
- You need of Chinese five spice powder – seasoning (optional).
- It’s of sugar – seasoning (optional).
- It’s of vegetable oil/ frying oil – frying.
- You need of Sweet sauce/ tangerine sauce/ chilli sauce.
Pork Prawn Meat Roll step by step
- Prepare: • Mince pork belly. • Peel and devein the prawns. Cut it into big chunks so that you can taste the meat. • Peel and dice the water chestnuts into big chunks so that you can taste the chestnuts. • Use food processer and blend the carrot, onions, shallots and garlics into tiny pieces. • Cut chives into small pieces..
- Mix and Marinate: • Except for the beancurd skin, mix all the ingredients and seasonings well. Marinate in the fridge for 30-45mins. This chilling effect makes the meat fillings sticky which is easier to mould into shape..
- Wrap: • Cut the beancurd skin into square shape. Wipe the skin with a cloth to remove excess saltiness. • Place enough meat filling on the lower half of the beancurd skin, leaving some space at the sides and bottom. Fold the bottom flap up and then followed by the sides. Wrap over into a meat roll. Glue and seal it with corn starch water. The meat filling must be tightly wrapped to prevent shattering when steaming..
- Steam: • Remember to let the meat roll cool to room temperature before steaming to ensure the meat will be fully cooked. Brush a thin layer of vegetable oil at the base of the steamer to prevent beancurd skin from sticking. When placing, make sure each meat roll has space in between to prevent sticking together. Steam for around 15mins or until the meat is fully cooked. • After steaming, chill the meat rolls. If you cannot finish all, you can store it in the freezer..
- Deep Fry: • Pour enough vegetable oil into a saucepan. Turn on high heat to heat up the oil. When oil is ready to fry, carefully place the meat rolls in over medium low to low heat. • Deep fry the meat rolls until golden brown in colour. When done, dish up the meat rolls onto grill tray. If you want the meat roll to be extra crispy, after it cools down, fry again quickly over high heat. • Once completed, slice up the meat rolls and dip it into sweet sauce to enjoy..