Seared hake. Butterbean, chorizo and olive stew. Purple sprouting broccoli.
You can cook Seared hake. Butterbean, chorizo and olive stew. Purple sprouting broccoli using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seared hake. Butterbean, chorizo and olive stew. Purple sprouting broccoli
- Prepare 2 of hake fillets with skin.
- It’s Handful of purple sprouting broccoli.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need Dash of Lemon infused olive oil (mine is the Carluccio’s brand as they make it with whole lemons 🍋).
- Prepare of Butterbean stew.
- You need 1 can of butterbeans (drained).
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of ring of chorizo.
- You need Handful of black olives (kalamata or morrocan).
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 100 ml of chicken stock.
Seared hake. Butterbean, chorizo and olive stew. Purple sprouting broccoli instructions
- Cut the chorizo into cubes and cook in a pan to release the oils.
- Cut the carrot, onion, garlic and red pepper into cubes.
- Finely dice the rosemary and deseed the olives.
- Add the ingredients to the pan with the chorizo to soften.
- After a few minutes add the beans, tomatoes, mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Finally add the stock and reduce to a thick texture.
- Once the stew has reduced squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and stir in the paprika at the end to preserve the smokey taste..
- Dice some garlic and sear the broccoli in a hot pan with the garlic and lemon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the hake with salt and pepper. Sear in the lemon olive oil..
- ✏️ Note: you will have to hold the fillet skin side down first for a few seconds to stop the fish curling up.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon.