Stuffed Hot Dogs.
You can have Stuffed Hot Dogs using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Hot Dogs
- You need Package of Hot Dogs.
- You need Package of Bacon.
- You need Package of Hot Dog Buns.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely diced.
- It’s of BBQ sauce.
- You need 1 of Brick of Cheese.
- Prepare of Heavy duty tin foil.
Stuffed Hot Dogs step by step
- Preheat the oven to the broil setting on the oven..
- Take some heavy duty tin foil and create a boat to hold the dogs for cooking, and place it on the broiler pan.
- Precook 2 pieces of bacon for each hot dog you want to prepare. Do not overcook the bacon, because you need it limp enough to wrap around the hot dog..
- Slice the hot dog down the middle. Be careful not to cut all the way through the dog, so it will hold the sauce, onion and cheese. I recommend Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs.
- Pour BBQ sauce in the middle of the sliced hot dog. I recommend using Open Pit BBQ sauce..
- Take some of the finely diced onions and place on top of the BBQ sauce. You will want the onions as finely diced as possible so it doesn't stretch the dog..
- Slice Brick of cheese into small square wedges and place them on top of the onion and BBQ sauce..
- Wrap the bacon around the dog and place in the tin boat on the broiler pan..
- Once you have all your dogs wrapped in bacon and in the tin boat, place the broiler pan in the oven..
- Cook the dogs just long enough to melt the cheese wedges and finish cooking the bacon..
- Place the wrapped dogs in a hot dog bun with your favorite condiments..