Veggie packed stuffed peppers. Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Peppers: Imagine your favorite Greek salad, sans lettuce and stuffed in a pepper. We've loved stuffed peppers since we first laid eyes on them. This is our classic recipe—once you master them, feel free start experimenting with our Cheesesteak and Chicken Parm varieties.
Place bell peppers on baking dish and pop it in the oven. These protein-packed vegetarian stuffed peppers are a delicious way to showcase seasonal bell peppers. The filling for these peppers starts with brown rice and black beans, both of which are rich in protein. You can have Veggie packed stuffed peppers using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Veggie packed stuffed peppers
- It’s 3 each of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken boullion base.
- You need 1 cup of brown rice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of spinach.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 can of muir glen fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 each of jar of pasta sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of purple onion.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 2/3 cup of cottage cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of 6 cheese italian blend.
Brown rice is a healthier alternative to white. These Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Peppers are packed with an entire BOX of fresh baby spinach and loaded with so much flavor, you'll These tasty veggie stuffed veggies hit the spot as a speedy lunch and would make a great pairing to your favorite protein for. All-star stuffed peppers recipe, prepared Greek style w/ a flavor packed meat and rice mixture with chickpeas and fresh herbs. These stuffed bell peppers are dairy free and gluten free.
Veggie packed stuffed peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Add 1 cup of rice, 1 lg clive of garlic (minced), water, onion,olive oil and a little bit of boullion base to pot. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook as directed on package (about 20 min).
- Cut tops of peppers off and hollow out seeds and ribs. I like to cut thr stem out and chop up the top to add to the rice mixture..
- Fill large pot with water and bring to simmer. Add peppers and remove from heat and cover with lid to blanch. It's completely preference on how long you want to blanch them. I like my peppers with some crunch so I leave them in about 2 minutes. Them remove from water and set aside, top down, to cool and allow any water to drip out..
- In a pan add butter, mushrooms, spinach, carrots, 1 garlic clove, and any chopped up pepper tops. Sautee and set aside..
- Once most of the liquid is cooked off in rice, drain any excess(this will allow rice to absorb some of the sauce while it finishes cooking in the oven). Add tomatoes, pasta sauce, sauteed veggies, and cottage cheese. Mix everything together..
- Set peppers in glass pan, fill with rice mixture, surround peppers with remaining rice. Top with cheese and set in oven until cheese is melted and getting gold spots..
They are delicious and totally hit all the right flavor notes for me. Stuffed peppers are as versatile as they are healthy. You can really fill them with anything. Keep 'em veggie or stuff them with rice and ground turkey. And cheese — warm, melty, oozing cheese — is always welcome… unless you're vegan.