Colorful Chicken Roast.
You can cook Colorful Chicken Roast using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Colorful Chicken Roast
- Prepare 8 of carrots.
- It’s 4 of celery sticks.
- Prepare 4 of red vine tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of whole Sunburst tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 head of purple cabbage.
- It’s 8 slice of bacon.
- You need 1 of chicken, quartered.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- You need 1 of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of basil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 of yellow squash.
Colorful Chicken Roast instructions
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Pour 1 cup water into the bottom of a large broiling pan. Drop in the bouillon cube..
- Cut the carrots so the chunks are maybe an inch long on the thick end of the carrot and two inches on the skinny side..
- Cut the celery into 1-2 inch chunks..
- Quarter the tomatoes..
- Place into a large mixing bowl the carrots, celery, and small tomatoes (don't bother cutting the tiny tomatoes). Pour over them a tablespoon of olive oil, and mix well..
- Place the oiled veggies into the broiling pan. Sprinkle kosher salt, cracked pepper, basil, and thyme over them..
- Add the chicken quarters, and season the top sides of them similarly..
- Lay out eight strips of bacon across the contents of the pan..
- Place the tomato quarters skin side up on top..
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil (or a lid, if your pan comes with one), and make covered for 20 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and raise the temperature to 400..
- Uncover the pan. Cut cabbage up into large chunks and sprinkle it across the roast..
- Replace the roast. Bake uncovered for another 25 minutes..
- Always remember to check your chicken's doneness before serving. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. The veggies should be a bit crisp still..