"Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos. Enter slow cooker ideas, like these Hawaiian Luau Pulled Pork Tacos with Pinapple Habanero Salsa and Tangy Slaw. Up your game on Taco Tuesday with these Mexican Lamb Tacos with Tequila Soaked Raisins and Pepitas! Pickled onions and avocado also join the flavor party!
You can put the pulled pork in tacos, burritos, or if you want to mimic the dumplings, serve them on a sweet Hawaiian dinner roll. This Hawaiian BBQ pork is made easy by using a slow cooker, then wrapped up in crispy wonton taco shells and drizzled with a heavenly BBQ sauce! These Hawaiian BBQ pork tacos are sweet and saucy with an attitude… absolutely delicious! You can have "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos
- You need 1 lb of cooked pulled pork.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pineapple.
- It’s of (16) 4"to 5" corn tortillas.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1/4 cup of peach preserves.
- You need 1 tbsp of habanero hot sauce.
- It’s of Slaw.
- It’s 1/2 of Green cabbage, finely shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrot tops (or cilantro), chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small purple onion, finely sliced.
- Prepare 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 3 tsp of sherry or dry white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher or sea salt.
- It’s of Optional Garnish.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- It’s of Carrot tops (or cilantro), chopped.
- You need of Tajin fruit seasoning (in the Mexican isle at most grocers).
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. How to make Hawaiian Pulled Pork: Remove the bone from pork butt/shoulder and cut pork into large chunks IF it has one. The bones are different sizes in each pork.
"Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos step by step
- Start by assembling the slaw in a mixing bowl, and set aside to marinate..
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl..
- Combine the cooked pork with the pineapple..
- Lightly oil a comal or a skillet and preheat on medium. Warm the tortillas for 10 to 20 seconds each side and transfer to a warmer. Add oil to the pan as needed..
- Assemble the tacos, starting with the pineapple pork mixture, then the slaw, then top with sauce and garnish..
This slow cooked Hawaiian pulled pork is stacked on crispy tortillas with pineapple rice and BBQ sauce for a fun twist on enchiladas. Enchiladas are my all-time favorite Mexican food and yet, I've made them exactly once. They're kind of just too time-consuming. This Instant Pot Hawaiian Pulled Pork is absolutely delicious. It is perfect by itself or made into sliders, tacos, or lettuce wraps.