My Garden Fresh Mason Jar Salad.
You can cook My Garden Fresh Mason Jar Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Garden Fresh Mason Jar Salad
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of your favorite dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sliced grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, diced or julienned.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced red onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced radishes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brocoli florets (cut small).
- You need 1 of hard boiled egg, diced (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 of chicken breast, cooked, cooled and diced (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of cheese of choice (shredded, cubed or crumbled).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded purple cabbage.
- You need 2 cups of lettuce of choice (pictured is romaine).
- You need 1 tbsp. of pepitas (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of sunflower seeds (optional).
- It’s of wide mouthed quart sized mason jar with lid.
My Garden Fresh Mason Jar Salad step by step
- Start by placing your dressing in the bottom of the mason jar. Pictured is my homemade ranch, but a vinaigrette will spread easier when you go to eat. My favorite to use generally is my homemade honey mustard vinaigrette. Next come the veggies that can hold up to soaking in the dressing. Place in the tomatoes, carrots, onions, radishes and broccoli florets, in that order..
- Next, if you are using the diced, hard boiled egg or the diced chicken (or both) then place them in now..
- Next comes the cheese, cabbage and lettuce. You may need to pack the lettuce in gently. At the very top, place the pepitas and sunflower seeds (if using). You could also place croutons in instead..
- Place the lid on and refrigerate until you're ready to eat. Then, either shake it up and eat straight from the jar or dump everything into a bowl and toss around before eating..