Cinnamon Nankhatai. Nankhatai are traditional Indian shortbread cookies made with all-purpose flour, semolina, sugar and ghee. There are so many variations of nankhatais and can be made with different combinations of flour. In the earlier days most Indian homes did not have an oven so these were baked.
Indian Shortbread Cookies [RECIPE] 'Nankhatai' or Nan Khatai is a melt-in-mouth cardamom scented Indian shortbread cookie. These are buttery soft, sweet and perfectly crisp, and go so well with a steaming cup of milk, tea or coffee. In a bowl sieve together flour, besan, sooji and cardamom powder. You can cook Cinnamon Nankhatai using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Nankhatai
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of sabudana flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of buckwheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of of Samak rice flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of melted pure ghee.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
Add salt and mix till well combined. Around this time of year (or any time of the year, for that matter), everyone is looking for cookie recipes. Here is a Nan Khatai (Indian Tea or Coffee biscuits) recipe that is so simple that you. Today i'm making step by step nankhatai recipe with minimum ingredients.
Cinnamon Nankhatai instructions
- Take a bowl add flours,baking powder,cinnamon powder sieve for 2 times..
- Then add melted ghee mix and rub your hands..
- After rubbing add milk and make a soft,smooth dough.keep rest in 1 hour..
- Take a dough punching and roll in rolling pin for thick and cut in any round shape cutter..
- After one hour OTG preheated in 180 degree at 10 minutes..
- Then bake nankhatai in 180 degree for 12 to 15 minutes..
- After 25 minutes then nankhatai is ready..
Nankhatai is a popular sweet cookie cum snack recipe which is equally liked by kids as. Whole wheat nankhatai recipe-it is made from whole wheat flour (atta), ghee (clarified butter), sugar and flavored with cardamom seeds powder. This atta nankhatai has a sweet taste with a nutty flavor from whole wheat flour. Also, the cardamom powder is added in it which complements the other flavors very well. These are Indian shortbread cookies called nankhatai.