Aaloo Gulab Jamun.
You can cook Aaloo Gulab Jamun using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aaloo Gulab Jamun
- You need 1 cup of mashed potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Buckwheat/Singhara flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated khoya.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Rose water.
- You need as needed of saffron.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- It’s As needed of Oil/ghee for deep frying.
Aaloo Gulab Jamun instructions
- Add mashed potatoes in a bowl.
- Add khoya.
- Add flour, if required add pinch of baking soda. I have skipped it.
- Mix well to form soft dough.
- Shape the dough into equal small/medium sized balls without any cracks.
- Heat sugar and water in a bowl. Cook until it reaches half string consistency. Switch off.
- Add saffron, cardamom powder and rose water. Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Drop potato balls into hot oil.Fry the jamuns over low to medium heat, let it remain in hot oil for 1 minute before flipping.
- Deep fry until well browned from all sides.
- Drain excess oil over tissue paper.
- Immediately add them to warm sugar syrup. Let it soak for few hours.
- Garnish with nuts and serve cold.