Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan.
You can have Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 2 cm of chunk fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small red chilli, finely chopped.
- It’s 500-750 ml of veggie/ vegan stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white miso paste.
- It’s of couple of handfuls of greens eg chinese cabbage, pak choi, choi sum, tatsoi, mizuna.
- You need 100 g of tofu, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- You need of Noodles of choice eg udon, soba – prepared according to packet instructions.
Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat..
- Add the garlic and spring onion and sauté for 3-5 mins. Add the chilli. And sauté for another 2 mins or so..
- Add the stock and simmer for 5 mins..
- Add the miso paste and whisk a bit so it’s completely mixed in..
- Add the greens. Cover and simmer for about 5 mins or until the greens start to wilt. This depends on the greens you use. I used chinese cabbage and mizuna today so i added the cabbage at this stage and then the mizuna at the same time as the tofu..
- Remove from the heat. Add the tofu and any more ‘delicate’ greens. Cover and let sit for 2-3 mins..
- Put the noodles in the bowls. Ladle the tofu/ miso on top. Sprinkle more chilli/ spring onion on top if you like. Enjoy 😋.