Hotdogs in Tortillas. Ever want hot dogs, but you've run out of buns? Or have a surplus of tortillas and nothing to put in them? Give the tortilla hot dog a chance.
Tortilla hot dog wraps with cheese. Tortillas are super delicious, but how about sharing with a pet dog? Is it such a terrible idea? You can have Hotdogs in Tortillas using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hotdogs in Tortillas
- Prepare 6 ounces of hotdogs 3 of them.
- You need 3 tablespoon of shredded mixed cheese.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Salsa kid friendly see my recipe.
- It’s 3 of large flour tortillas.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil to fry in.
Flour or corn-based, as a general rule With that being said, feeding your dog a single tortilla is no harm done. Just keep it as a very special treat. Wrap in tortilla spread with mustard (I used a large tortilla cut in half). Secure with toothpick and wrap in foil for childs lunch box. taste like a sausage roll.
Hotdogs in Tortillas step by step
- Fry the hotdogs crispy.
- Set in a tortilla.
- Add the salsa. Make sure you drain all the liquids you can out of the salsa before adding. If not it will leak into the hot oil and pop..
- Add the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla inwards towards the tips of the hotdogs on both ends. Then roll them up.
- Add to the hot oil flap side down the tortilla will fry crunchy and the flap side will stay folded when you turn the tortilla.
- Turn when the tortilla is got some color on it when the second side is crispy it's done..
- Move to paper towels to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!! These are so very delicious! You get the crunchiness of the tortilla and the crispy snap of the hotdogs!!.
SOURCE: The Pennywhistle Lunch Box Book posted by Anne MacLellan. Today I am making my Grandmother's soft flour tortillas. This is one of the first recipe I remember learning as a child. I have listed the measurements and. Place each cooked hot dog inside a tortilla.