Healthy Strawberry Oats Bars. My latest strawberry obsession are these healthy oat-y almond squares. Quick oats (not whole oats), almond butter, maple syrup. Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars filled with juicy strawberries and a buttery crumble topping.
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe photo by Taste of Home. The recipe used just three ingredients: oats, butter and eggs. Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares with Homemade Jam. You can cook Healthy Strawberry Oats Bars using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Strawberry Oats Bars
- It’s 1 cup of oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of Buckwheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of unsalted butter melted.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar/ coconut sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Ginger powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 250 g of ripe strawberries diced.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1.5 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Ever since I was a young girl, I have loved strawberry oat bars and I would often have Strawberry nutrigrain bars in my lunches. While these squares aren't a nutri-grain bar, the taste is similar. Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars make the most delicious healthy snack or dessert and are packed with fresh strawberries, rolled oats, and whole wheat flour. In my early twenties, after a tough day of work.
Healthy Strawberry Oats Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 170 and line square baking tray.
- In a bowl mix flours, Ginger powder, salt, sugar and oats well.
- Add butter and mix until mixture is moistened and well coated.
- Add half of the mixture to pan and spread evenly, using a bowl, press on bottom.
- In another bowl, add strawberries. To this add lemon juice, cornstarch, sugar and mix well.
- Now spread strawberry mix evenly on top of the oats mix.
- Spread remaining reserved oats mix on top such that strawberry peeks out little from crumbs.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until oats are well toasted and golden.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Slice and serve. You can always cover these bars with cling wrap and freeze upto 1 month. Alternatively vanilla sugar glaze can be added on top for additional taste..
These Healthier Strawberry Rhubarb Oat Bars are packed with wholesome oats, zero butter, and no refined sugar. We're obsessed with these Strawberry Rhubarb Bars as a nourishing treat! Super healthy strawberry oatmeal bars – with naturally sweet strawberry filling between layers of buttery oatmeal crumble! The oats give the bars a deliciously chewy texture, and the natural sweetness of the strawberries lets you use much less sugar than you'd normally use in a bar recipe. Something to add to kids lunchboxes?