You can cook Arbi Koftas using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arbi Koftas
- Prepare 500 grams of Arbi.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of Buckwheat Flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt or as per taste.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder or as preferred.
- You need 1 " of Ginger piece finely chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Carom/Ajwain seeds.
- You need 7 tablespoons of Cooking Oil.
Arbi Koftas step by step
- Boil 500 grams cleaned arbi in required water for 10 minutes or until arbi is 90% done. Cool the boiled arbi and peel off the skin. Arbi is ready to use. Transfer it to a bowl..
- Mash it roughly with fingers. Add 3 tablespoons buckwheat flour..
- Add required Himalayan pink salt..
- Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder..
- Add 1 teaspoon carom seeds..
- Add 1 teaspoon or as preferred Kashmiri red chilli powder..
- Add 1 inch ginger finely chopped..
- Mix all ingredients into a dough. Take small portion of the dough with greased palm. Dough will be very sticky. Grease your fingers and palm with cooking oil. cylindrical rolls (koftas) and keep aside. Heat oil in grill pan. Drop the koftas one by one into the hot oil..
- Slow grill both sides until Koftas turn golden brown with a crunchy texture..
- Arbi Koftas are ready. Serve hot with any Falhari chutney / Dip..
- My Tip: Using turmeric and red chilli powder is purely optional. Use green chillies if preferred..