Noodle soup with mushrooms and greens – vegan.
You can cook Noodle soup with mushrooms and greens – vegan using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Noodle soup with mushrooms and greens – vegan
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of big carrots, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/3 head of celeriac, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 4-8 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced in half.
- You need 5-7 cm of chunk of fresh ginger, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of leek, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of red chillis, sliced or generous pinch chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 stick of lemongrass, roughly chopped.
- You need 1.5-2 l of hot water.
- Prepare 50 g of enoki mushrooms.
- It’s 50 g of shiitake mushrooms.
- You need of firm tofu – enough for two.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 1-2 heads of tatsoi/ pak choi.
- Prepare of soba or udon noodles for two, cooked.
- It’s 1-2 of red chillis, finely sliced – save some for garnish; or generous pinch chilli flakes.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, finely chopped.
Noodle soup with mushrooms and greens – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the carrots and celeriac. Cook for about 5 mins. (Keep stirring regularly as you make the broth.).
- Add the onion. Cook until everything starts to brown around the edges..
- Add the garlic, ginger, star anise, bay leaves and chilli. Cook for a few minutes..
- Add the leek and lemongrass..
- Add the water. Bring to the boil. Then cover, turn down the heat to simmer for 30-45mins. It depends on how much time you have :).
- Strain the broth so you keep the liquid. Put it back in a pan and simmer..
- Add the mushrooms, tofu and mirin. Simmer for 5 mins..
- Add the greens. Turn off the heat and let the greens wilt..
- Ladle onto noodles. Garnish with the chillis and spring onions. Enjoy 😋.