Easy Warm Soba Noodles with Grated Daikon Radish, Nameko Mushrooms and Natto.
You can cook Easy Warm Soba Noodles with Grated Daikon Radish, Nameko Mushrooms and Natto using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Warm Soba Noodles with Grated Daikon Radish, Nameko Mushrooms and Natto
- You need 100 of to 120 grams Soba noodles (dried or pre-boiled…handmade would be best!).
- You need 1 of pack Split-bean (hikiwari) natto (fermented soy beans) – you can use regular natto and crush the beans.
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons Nameko mushrooms (large ones are the best).
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons Grated daikon radish (use a spicy type, or the tapered end of any daikon radish, which is spicier than the fat end).
- You need 1 of to 2 tablespoons Green onions (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of enough to make 250 ml of prepared noodle sauce A. Mentsuyu.
- You need 1 of enough to make 250 ml of prepared noodle sauce A. Water.
- It’s 1 pinch of Bonito flakes (optional).
Easy Warm Soba Noodles with Grated Daikon Radish, Nameko Mushrooms and Natto instructions
- Bring some water to a boil and cook the soba noodles following package instructions. If you have pre-boiled noodles you just need to heat them through before Step 5..
- The photo shows a type of daikon radish from Nagano prefecture called "Nezumi Daikon" that I grew from seed in my garden. Grate the radish and drain off the excess moisture. It's best not to peel the radish..
- Open up the pack of natto and mix well to make it very sticky. (I used a brand of natto that uses domestically grown soy beans.) Make the noodle sauce from the A. ingredients, and bring to a boil..
- Put the nameko mushrooms in the noodle sauce and simmer for a while over low heat. If the heat is too high the pan will boil over! Just before you turn off the heat, put in the chopped green onions..
- Drain the cooked soba noodles and put into a serving bowl. Top with the grated daikon radish and natto. I used a type of soba noodle made with soba flour made in Nagano prefecture..
- Pour in the noodle sauce with the nameko mushrooms and green onions. Add some bonito flakes on top to finish. Isn't it so easy?.