Cool Soba Noodles With Homemade Dipping Sauce.
You can have Cool Soba Noodles With Homemade Dipping Sauce using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cool Soba Noodles With Homemade Dipping Sauce
- Prepare of Homemade "straight" mentsuyu (to be used as-is, not diluted).
- It’s 350 ml of Water.
- You need 15 grams of Coarse (thick) bonito flakes.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ★ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ★ Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of ★ Mirin.
- You need 1 of as desired (to taste) Soba noodles.
- It’s 1 of as desired (to taste) Green onion.
- Prepare 1 of Wasabi (to taste).
Cool Soba Noodles With Homemade Dipping Sauce instructions
- Bring the water to a boil and add the coarse bonito flakes. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Skim off any scum..
- Strain through a fine meshed sieve lined with paper towels or a coffee filter. This is the dashi stock..
- Bring the dashi stock back to a boil and add the ★ ingredients. When the sugar has melted, turn off the heat and leave to cool..
- Chop the green onion finely and briefly bathe in a bowl of water. Drain well..
- Cook the soba noodles in plenty of boiling water. Wash under cold running water gently (not rubbing too hard so that the edges of the noodles remain sharp). Arrange on a flat sieve in little bundles that are easy to pick up with chopsticks..