Curry Soba & Udon Noodles.
You can cook Curry Soba & Udon Noodles using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Curry Soba & Udon Noodles
- You need 1 of leg Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s of For the curry broth.
- It’s 800 ml of ● Water.
- Prepare 4 tsp of ● Dashi stock.
- You need 150 ml of ● Mentsuyu.
- It’s 1 tsp of ● Sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of ● Soy sauce.
- It’s 5 of cubes ● A variety of curry roux cubes.
- It’s 2 tsp of ● Katakuriko.
- Prepare 200 grams of Soba or udon noodles.
- It’s 1 of to garnish Japanese leeks (to your liking).
Curry Soba & Udon Noodles step by step
- In a pot, pour water and onions (cut along the grain), bite-sized chicken and turn on the heat. (Start from unheated water to avoid a cloudy broth)..
- Remove the surface scum and boil until onions have softened..
- In a separate pot, boil the noodles..
- Once all the ingredients have softened, add dashi powder, mentsuyu, sake, and shoyu. At this stage, the broth will look like diluted mentsuyu..
- Cut ready made curry roux cubes into small pieces, and add to the soup. The soup will thicken later, so don't cook down..
- Once curry roux has melted, turn off the heat and add katakuriko dissolved in double amount of water into the pot..
- Drain noodles well, put in bowl and pour the broth over the noodles. Add leeks as garnish..