A Taste of Mom's Cooking: Udon or Soba with Meat.
You can have A Taste of Mom's Cooking: Udon or Soba with Meat using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of A Taste of Mom's Cooking: Udon or Soba with Meat
- Prepare 1 of Burdock root.
- Prepare 300 grams of Beef (thinly sliced).
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mirin.
- You need 4 of bundles Udon noodles (or soba noodles).
- Prepare 1 of Mentsuyu.
- It’s 1 of Green onions or scallions, shichimi (toppings).
A Taste of Mom's Cooking: Udon or Soba with Meat instructions
- Wash the surface of the burdock root with a brush and then cut it into long, thin slivers or thin diagonal slices. (Don't peel it. You don't need to rinse it, either).
- Cut the beef into thin 1 cm strips..
- Add vegetable oil to a pot and stir-fry the burdock root..
- When the burdock root has wilted, throw in the beef. Stir-fry, breaking up the meat to separate it..
- When the meat is cooked through, add the 2 tablespoons of sake, followed by the 4 tablespoons of sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar..
- Add the 4 tablespoons of soy sauce and stir-fry again. Finally, add the mirin and stir. Simmer until the liquid is boiled down and turn off the heat..
- Boil the soba noodles (or udon noodles) and put them in bowls. Pour in some mentsuyu and add the toppings..
- The beef is also good on top of rice..