100% Buckwheat Flour Diet Biscuits.
You can have 100% Buckwheat Flour Diet Biscuits using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 100% Buckwheat Flour Diet Biscuits
- It’s 100 grams of Buckwheat flour.
- It’s 20 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 20 grams of Raw cane sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of and 1 tablespoon Soy milk (or milk).
100% Buckwheat Flour Diet Biscuits step by step
- Cut the butter into 5 g pieces, put it into a heat resistant bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds at 500 W to soften (until it's soft enough that you can put your finger in it easily)..
- Beat the butter lightly, add the sugar, and mix well with a whisk (you don't have to use a hand mixer since it's a small amount). Whip to incorporate air until the mixture turns white..
- Add 1 tablespoon of soy milk into Step 2, and mix well with a whisk. Add 1 more tablespoon of soy milk. The mixture may separate, but it will blend together as you keep mixing..
- Add all of the buckwheat flour into the bowl from Step 3 (I don't sift the buckwheat flour, but you can sift it if you like)..
- Switch to a rubber spatula, and fold it in. The mixture will become crumbly. Once the mixture starts to form small crumbs, add 1 scant tablespoon of soy milk..
- Bring the mixture together, pressing it with the rubber spatula, and then mix it with your hands. Bring it together, and wrap with cling film..
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for a half day to overnight. The dough is better when rested for at least 6 hours so that it will be smoother, and easier to cut out into shapes..
- It's easy to work with this dough if you tear half of the dough into bits and place them under a piece of cling film to roll it out into 3 mm thick. Cut out shapes, and place them on a baking tray. (Keep the other half in the fridge.).
- During the Step 8, preheat the oven to 160℃. While the first batch are baking for 12-13 minutes at 160℃, take out the other half of the dough, and cut out shapes..
- If the biscuits are well baked, they should be crispy right after baking. If the biscuits are thick, and soft after baking, bake for a further 2-3 minutes..
- Once they are done baking, transfer to a metal rack to cool. Bake the second batch in the same way, and they are done! If you have 2 baking shelves in your oven, you can bake them at the same time..